EX GSU

A gang of six suspected robbers reportedly targeted the home of former General Service Unit (GSU) commander Ranson Lolmodooni at Kitengela Police Sacco Estate, Kajiado County, on Sunday, August 16.

Police reports indicate that four armed men and two women allegedly disguised themselves as worshippers heading to a prayer meeting before gaining access to the high-security residential estate.

The estate mainly houses serving and retired police officers and is considered one of Kitengela’s most secure residential areas. However, the suspects reportedly managed to enter the compound before targeting Lolmodooni’s house.

According to the police report, the gang allegedly used cutting equipment to break into the former commander’s house. They reportedly searched the premises and allegedly escaped carrying boxes believed to contain large amounts of cash.

Some of the money was reportedly recovered along the road after falling as the suspects fled. Residents claimed Sh1,000 notes were scattered along Road Five inside the estate.

Witnesses also alleged that the suspects threw banknotes at security guards and other people nearby while attempting to escape from the residential area.

A security message shared in a residents’ WhatsApp group stated that the suspects attacked a guard who tried to block their vehicle at the estate’s main gate.

CCTV footage reportedly captured two suspects assaulting the guard with fists, kicks and sticks before overpowering him and escaping towards Isinya.

One of the vehicles allegedly used during the incident was later recovered in Isinya, approximately 21 kilometres from the scene. Police reportedly recovered several vehicle registration numbers during their investigations.

Officers also recovered a firearm allegedly belonging to the retired police officer, together with additional money. Investigators are continuing efforts to establish what happened during the reported incident.

However, Lolmodooni strongly denied reports that money was stolen from his residence, describing the incident as an attempted burglary.

He said neighbours noticed suspicious activity and raised the alarm before the suspects could successfully steal anything from his home. He further dismissed reports that he keeps large amounts of money inside his residence.

Kajiado County Police Commander Alex Shikondi confirmed that investigations into the incident were ongoing. He said no suspect had been arrested by the time of reporting.

The incident comes amid growing security concerns in Kitengela, where residents have increasingly raised concerns over attacks linked to suspected criminal gangs operating at night.

Within the past two weeks, three men have reportedly been killed in separate incidents, while several residents have sustained injuries during attacks allegedly carried out by criminal gangs.

The latest incident has renewed calls for increased security patrols and stronger surveillance around residential estates, particularly areas occupied by serving and retired security officers.

Police investigations are expected to establish the identity of the suspects, determine whether money was actually stolen, and establish how the gang gained access to the heavily guarded estate.

SOURCE

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *